FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS WHISTLER DINE IN?
Whistler Dine In is a delivery service that brings you local cuisine and beverages to your home, holiday suite or hotel anywhere in the Whistler area from 4:30pm to 10:45pm, 7 days a week!
CAN I ORDER FROM MULTIPLE RESTAURANTS / BUSINESSES?
Absolutely! Note that each pickup location will incur a separate delivery charge.
WHAT IS THE DELIVERY CHARGE?
- $7.50 delivery charge for an order from one of our partnered restaurants or grocery store.
- $5.00 delivery charge for an order from our partnered liquor store.
- Village orders delivered to 1000 addresses on Alta Lake Road, 2000 and 8000 addresses will have a $1 fuel surcharge added to the bill.
- Village orders delivered to 1000 addresses (excluding Alta Lake Road) and 9000 addresses will have a $2 fuel surcharge added to the bill.
- Village orders delivered to 5000 addresses and Kadenwood will have a $3 fuel surcharge added to the bill.
- Creekside orders delivered to 4000, 6000 and 7000 addresses will have a $1 fuel surcharge added to the bill.
- Creekside orders delivered to 1000 addresses (excluding Alta Lake Road) and 8000 addresses will have a $2 fuel surcharge added to the bill.
- Creekside orders delivered to Kadenwood, 5000 and 9000 addresses will have a $3 fuel surcharge added to the bill.
- The delivery charge is not a gratuity.
- GST included on all delivery charges.
WHY IS THE DELIVERY CHARGE NOT INCLUDED IN MY ONLINE ORDER TOTAL?
Calculating delivery charges is a process for online ordering that would require our customers to enter an accurate, complete address with all details including the postal code as well as the exact street name and number of where they are staying. At times, more than 50% of our customers are tourists/visitors and don’t always know their entire accommodation details. Due to this, we have cut down the checkout process to make it as easy as possible and therefore, an accurate delivery charge cannot be calculated. Upon placing your order you will be asked to confirm that you have read and accept the delivery charges and wait times*. Clicking on the blue writing will allow you to read our charges and wait times.
HOW DO YOU ENSURE FOOD QUALITY?
We always make sure that one of our drivers is available to be at the restaurant at the time your food is ready. We may have to wait a little bit before calling your order in to make sure timing is perfect and your food won’t have to sit. We also use high quality thermal bags for the transport of your food to ensure outdoor temperatures won’t affect quality from the restaurant to your door.
HOW LONG DOES DELIVERY TAKE?
Our average delivery time is around 45 – 60 minutes. As Whistler is a busy resort town these times can vary up to 180 minutes depending on the size of your order, the restaurants occupancy and order volume, a Stat holiday, a Whistler event day, etc. Delivery times are based on our volume as well as the quoted pickup time the restaurants give us when we place your order. If the wait time is more than 1 hour and 30 minutes, we will give you a quick call back to let you know.
WHAT IS YOUR DELIVERY RANGE?
Our delivery area is from Function Junction / Cheakamus Crossing to Emerald Estates. Sorry we do not deliver to Wedgewoods, Black Tusk and Pinecrest or the Whistler RV Park at this time.
WHAT IF I HAVE FOOD ALLERGIES AND/OR WANT TO MODIFY A DISH?
You can request modifications to a dish’s preparation by phone or by including these in the special instructions field within each menu item including any allergies. If the restaurant is unable to accommodate your request, we’ll contact you on the phone number or email you’ve provided. If we cannot reach you, your order will be placed on hold until we do.
WILL I GET PLATES AND CUTLERY WITH MY ORDER?
For environmental reasons, we do not automatically include plates and/or cutlery with our orders. These can be provided upon delivery if they are requested with your phone operator or included in the special instructions on your online order.
IS GRATUITY FOR THE DRIVER INCLUDED IN MY ORDER?
Gratuity is generally not included for orders under $120. Please consider the efforts of your delivery driver as they use their own vehicle and fuel and often have to drive during very challenging weather and road conditions. We suggest tipping them just like you would a server in a restaurant, anywhere between 15% and 20% is customary. All orders over $120 will be subject to a 15% gratuity to ensure that we keep our drivers happy and working hard to get your order to you hot and on time. Please note, Whistler Dine In also reserves the right to implement an automatic gratuity to any order at our discretion.
WHAT DO I DO IF I RECEIVED THE WRONG / INCOMPLETE ORDER?
Please phone us immediately to let us know or contact us here and we’ll get in touch with you as soon as possible! Along with our partners, we do our best to make sure that every order is accurate but unfortunately mistakes can sometimes happen. The sooner we are notified, the faster we can try to correct the issue!
WHY IS THE TOTAL ON MY ORDER CONFIRMATION DIFFERENT THAN WHAT I WAS CHARGED AT THE DOOR?
Your online order confirmation is an estimate and does not include any delivery charges. Market-priced items and special requests such as “extra dressing”, “extra cheese”, etc. may augment the total. Our delivery charge is applied on top of the items you’ve ordered and our driver will be able to provide you with all receipts at the door.
WHICH FORMS OF PAYMENT DO YOU ACCEPT?
- We accept Cash or Credit Cards. Apple Pay and Debit Tap under $100 only.
- We cannot accept any credit card payments over the phone. Gifts or prepaid orders are paid by online invoices only.
CAN I ORDER FROM ANY BUSINESS IN WHISTLER?
- Yes, a Service Fee equal to 20% of the order total will be added to our regular delivery charges for all orders from a non-partnered business.
- The delivery charge and service fee is not a gratuity.
- GST included on all delivery charges.
Whistler Dine In has partnered with over twenty of the most popular businesses in Whistler. Our business partners are listed on our website. During peak delivery hours or when we are extremely busy, priority will be given to our partnered businesses and we reserve the right to refuse delivery from any non-affiliated businesses at our discretion.
CAN I ORDER BREAKFAST OR LUNCH DELIVERY?
Yes, we can do a special delivery for breakfast or lunch at a minimum order cost of $120. The standard delivery charge and service fee will be applied as per your restaurant and delivery locations. Gratuity will automatically be applied at a rate of 15% on top of your order total. 24 hours notice is required for all breakfast and lunch orders. Please email your inquiry or request to our team.
WHAT ABOUT GROCERIES?
We deliver groceries too! Just click here!
I WANT TO SKI EVERY DAY! HOW CAN I GET A JOB WITH WDI?
You too can live the dream – just fill out our job application here!
I'M A RESTAURANT / BUSINESS OWNER - HOW CAN I PARTNER WITH WDI?
We can deliver anything and everything! Submit your information here and we’ll contact you!
ADDITIONAL DELIVERY NOTES
- Once orders have been placed with a restaurant we cannot cancel them!
- Check website for the hours/days of operation for your chosen establishment to avoid disappointment!
- Do not leave your suite/residence after ordering – delivery times are estimates and we could arrive earlier!
- All menu prices, items and availability are subject to change without notice.
- Prices are in Canadian dollars and subject to a 5% GST tax.
- Whistler Dine In has the right to refuse delivery service of any alcohol or tobacco products. Proof of I.D. is required when ordering these items and we are not responsible after delivery of any of these products.
- As independent contractors our drivers have the right to refuse delivery.